In June 2009, five Muslim men were sentenced for their roles in a 2007 plot to murder U.S. soldiers stationed at Fort Dix in New Jersey. U.S. District Judge Robert Kugler sentenced Mohamad Shnewer, Dritan Duka, Eljvir Duka, and Shain Duka, to life in prison. Only Serdar Tatar, was spared a life sentence, as Judge Kugler ordered him to spend 33 years in prison.
All five were convicted of conspiracy to commit an armed attack on Fort Dix, in December 2008.
While the 2007 story of the Jihadists who plotted to kill soldiers at a U.S. Army base certainly seemed newsworthy and demonstrated the threat that radical Muslims pose to this country, it was barely mentioned by the three major networks and was quickly dropped altogether. Apparently, the facts of this case were in direct conflict with the agenda of the mainstream American press.
The day after federal officials announced the arrest of the Islamic terrorists attempting to commit a mass murder within our own borders, the only coverage of the case could be found on Fox News and a few conservative websites.
The next day CNN.com featured a story about the so-called “pillow angel.” By day two, the story could not be found at all on the website, while CNN provided almost no television coverage of the plot.
USAToday.com had the story near the bottom of the page after only two days. By that time, no mention of the terrorists could be found on CBSNews.com. However, there was plenty about the latest antics of Lindsay Lohan.
While ABCNews.com devoted their lead story to global warming, there was not one line about the New Jersey Jihadis.
Talk show host Michael Savage spoke extensively about the Muslim plot on his radio show and carried several articles about it on his website. WorldNetDaily also heavily covered the matter, with columnist Joseph Farah immediately devoting several articles to it.
So…why the silent treatment?
Here are a few of the reasons the mainstream media may have chosen not to cover the story:
• Three of the terrorists were illegal aliens.
• The three illegal aliens crossed into this country over the unprotected Mexican border.
• The illegal aliens had amassed 19 traffic tickets, but their immigration status was never questioned by police because they operated in “sanctuary cities.”
• All, of course, were Muslim.
• They were not affiliated with any international terrorist group such as al Queda, which would demonstrate a tremendous threat with 3 million Muslims living in the U.S.
But, perhaps the most potentially damaging aspect to this case…
• Four of the terrorists were ethnic Albanians ( Bill Clinton brought 14,000 of them to Fort Dix during the Kosovo War!).
In fact, while much attention has been given to the fact that President Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in 1986, none is ever given to the multitude of amnesty measures which President Bill Clinton signed into law.
The following is a list of amnesties granted to illegal aliens by President Clinton:
• In 1994, an amnesty for illegal aliens [Section 245 (i)] was added to the FY 1995 Commerce, Justice, State Appropriations bill. The rolling amnesty ended on September 30, 1997, and resulted in 578,000 illegal aliens being granted permanent legal status.
• The Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty of 1997, granted amnesty to 1,000,000 illegal aliens from Central America.
• The Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA) of 1998, granted amnesty to 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.
• In 2000, amnesty was granted to about 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed they should have been amnestied, but were not under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
• Legal Immigration Family Equity (LIFE) Act Amnesty of 2000 removed deportation orders and/or granted permanent legal residency to an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.
While it is never reported or spoken of in today’s ongoing debate on illegal immigration, Bill Clinton granted amnesty to at least 3,000,000 illegal aliens, and with his actions — undoubtedly encouraging millions more to enter the U.S. illegally.
Clinton seems to view all illegal aliens as “refugees” and basically just waited for a reason to grant legal status to each group of Third World invaders — an earthquake here, a civil war there, and general poverty and disease everywhere…Clinton’s message to them (even to the murderers, rapists, and terrorists among them was “Relax. You’re covered!”
Of course, the preceding information could cause harm to the reputation of the sexual predator turned elder statesman of the left, and is therefore buried by our so-called mainstream journalists.
During World War II, the newspapers were constantly reporting on the activities of suspected spies and various enemy agents. Reporters dug for news and helped expose the American Bund as Nazi collaborators.
You see, 60 years ago, the patriotism of the American press could never have been brought into question. However, today’s reporters seem to be in league with the enemy and cheering for our defeat!
While the left constantly promotes the theory of evolution in our government-controlled schools, the iconic newsman seems to be deevolving. We have gone from the towering Edward R. Murrow, reporting from the streets of London during the blitz, to the diminutive Wolf Blitzer, reporting from the climate-controlled studios of CNN while giving away U.S. troop movements.
Thankfully, CNN was not in operation when this country was fighting the Nazis and Imperial Japan...Things might have ended much differently.