New York Times - John Tanton smear campaign
Answering Our Critics
The Social Contract Press
The April 17, 2011 edition of The New York Times carried a long (3,000 word) front-page article ("The Anti-Immigration Crusader") on Dr. John Tanton, one of the guiding lights in the modern-immigration reform movement. The placement of the article was above-the-fold in the Sunday edition on both sides of the immigration policy contest with accompanying photographs of Dr. Tanton and immigration-related matters.
Dr. Tanton has become a point of controversy as explained in Mr. DeParle’s article and the accompanying documents. This collection is presented in the interest of having an accurate, factual, and chronological record. Comments welcome.
- Anti-immigrant Advocate - John Tanton letter to the New York Times, April 27, 2011
- Even this 'land of immigrants' must change sometime, John Tanton letter to The Australian, January 6, 1995
- Deconstructing the New York Times, by Jerry Kammer, Center for Immigration Studies, April 22, 2011
- The Carnegie Corporation and Immigration: How a Noble Vision Lost Its Way, by Jerry Kramer, Center for Immigration Studies, March 2011
- New York Times Big Story on Immigration Reform Movement Misses Big Picture - FAIR Responds to Unfair Portrayal of Motives, President of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), April 18, 2011
- Hate Campaign’s Anti-Climax - ‘We spent $100 million to demonize restrictionists and all we got was a lousy T-shirt.’, Mark Krikorian, National Review Online, April 21, 2011